Price240,000 € / 225,000 €
Excellent price for a great home!
PoolNo pool / Room for a pool
This beautifully restored village home has everything needed for a very relaxing and stress-free holiday retreat or a fantastic permanent home in Crete. The home is situated in a small and very traditional village just a short drive from the full-service villages of Vrysses and Georgioupolis. And there is easy access to the National Road toward both Rethymnon and Chania.
The home has about 116 sqm of living space on a plot of approximately 690 sqm. The main building comprises a huge kitchen, large loft sitting area, spacious dining area with an energy-efficient wood-burning stove, loft bedroom, and a very luxurious bathroom with an enclosed shower stall plus a full bathtub. The guest bedroom with its ensuite shower room is in another building attached to the home. The combined structures form a “U” shape with a very private central courtyard. Google Earth screen shots have been included in the photo gallery to help get a sense for this beautiful and secluded property.
The home has been perfectly designed for indoor as well as outdoor enjoyment. The kitchen in particular is a good example … very spacious, cool in the summers and pleasantly warm during our brief winter, plenty of granite worktop space and cupboard storage, and pleasant seating for breakfast or just a coffee. The dining area can accommodate 10 for a very warm traditional gathering!
The outdoor areas are many with the courtyard, rear garden, and covered as well as open roof terraces. The courtyard is of course the central feature and accessible from nearly every room. The rear garden is accessed from the courtyard by a stone pathway leading through a stone arch as well as directly from the guest bedroom. And the roof terraces are accessible from the loft sitting room as well as from a staircase in the courtyard and a staircase at the rear of the home.
The rear garden has 17 mature and very productive olive trees … plenty for your own supply of virgin olive oil with enough left over for gifts to friends and relatives. Here too you will find pleasant seating areas to enjoy the sun, shade, and verdant countryside. Plus the old stone aloni (threshing circle) and a very conveniently placed storage shed. And there is plenty of room for a pool or spa should the new owner decide.
We have arranged the photos into groups to give a better idea of the home layout and functionality and hope that this visual tour will give a clear picture of this beautiful property. This is truly a home that must be visited to be appreciated … the photos simply can not do justice to the beauty and warmth of the home.
Additional features of this fine home include:
- Many fine traditional features including internal and external stone arches, niches, and the original stone oven in the side kitchen
- Traditional wood doors and windows with double-glazing for excellent insulation
- Centrally-located wood-burning stove with circulation fan for efficient yet inexpensive heating
- Air-conditioning installed in the kitchen and guest bedroom
- Solar panels with electrical heating element for our few cloudy days
- Solar-powered home ventilation fan
- Water well in the garden
- All white goods, indoor and outdoor furniture, and fittings are included. The owners will only remove their personal items.
- Clothes washer and dryer included
- Large storage spaces including the entry area, internal under-stairs storage, and the rear garden storeroom
- Additional building density available. We do not yet have an exact figure for this but based on the location and plot size, we believe that there should be at least 150 sqm additional
The selling price is exclusive of property transfer tax, legal expenses and agency fees.
For sale in Xirosterni: Excellent 3-bedroom home with private pool on a pleasantly secluded plot with superb mountain views and distant sea views
For sale near Lake Kournas: Excellent two-bedroom villa with superb lake, sea, and mountain views
Price: 290,000 €
For sale in Plaka - Great three-bedroom home walking distance from the village centre!
Price: 235,000 €