PoolNo pool / Room for a pool
Built approximately 80 years ago by a local builder for his family, this truly unique two-bedroom stone home is situated on the outskirts of the traditional village of Fres in the foothills of the White Mountains. The home has 165 sqm of floor space on a very private 2,890+ sqm plot and has a further 100 sqm of building density available. It has been carefully restored and renovated retaining the original single floor layout, with high ceilings and plenty of indoor and outdoor space. The home offers fantastic views of the majestic White Mountains and the surrounding countryside.
Floor plans for the home are included in the gallery. This very pleasant and liveable home comprises:
- Dining room with original fireplace and oven (4.50m x 4.00m)
- Spacious kitchen with stone worktops and sink with handmade kitchen units and floor to ceiling cypress cupboards (4.88m x 3.40m). A door from the kitchen leads to the covered terrace area and main courtyard, the perfect place for outdoor enjoyment and dining.
- Lounge/Sitting Room with an energy-efficient closed wood-burning fireplace (4.50m x 5.00m). French doors from this area lead to the side terrace and main courtyard.
- Master bedroom with dressing area, en-suite bathroom and a mezzanine above (3.00m x 3.93). An air-conditioning unit has been installed in this bedroom.
- Guest bedroom with access to the rear terrace (3.30m x 3.60m)
- Family bathroom
- Storage area with central heating controls and washing machine
- Basement storeroom accessed from the rear garden, fitted with power and lights (4.50m x 3.93m)
The large garden areas have been landscaped for colour, shade and utility throughout the year with a wide variety of fruit trees as well as flowering trees and shrubs. This partial list will give an idea of the extent of the owner's dedication to the gardens! Oranges, lemon, mulberry, bay, walnut, almond, pomegranate, plum, peach, apricot, hibiscus, rubber, Indian Bead, Holm Oak, yucca, kumquat and fig. Plus established vines as well!
The plot is fully bounded by stone walls and fencing and being at the end of the village lane, it is totally private. And the fantastic views toward the White Mountains can never be obstructed.
Fres is a very pleasant traditional village with a taverna, bakery, kafenion and small assorted shops and is just a 10-minute walk from the home. The beaches at Kalyves and Georgioupolis are about 20 minutes by car and Chania is about 30 minutes away. There are many walks from the home through olive and citrus groves and into the mountains.
Additional features of this wonderful home include:
- Underfloor heating provided by an energy-efficient heat pump
- Solar panels
- Automatic, timer-controlled irrigation for all garden areas
- Fast internet and land line connected
- All white goods are included in the selling price
The selling price is exclusive of property transfer tax, legal expenses and agency fees.