Entry terrace Views from entry terrace Ground floor bedroom Ground floor bedroom terrace Ground floor shower room Staircase to the first floor Master bedroom Master bedroom ensuite shower room Guest bedroom, presently used as a study Family bathroom First floor covered terrace First floor covered terrace Lower level studio Lower level studio Lower level studio Covered parking
PoolYes - private pool
This wonderful 172 sqm 4+ bedroom home is situated on a 680 sqm plot in small village just south of Rethymnon and offers excellent views to the sea and the green countryside. With a guest apartment (fifth bedroom) on the lower level as well as an inviting 24 sqm private pool, the home is perfect for a permanent family residence, spacious holiday home, or an excellent rental opportunity. Rethymnon is an easy 10 minute drive away.
Entry to the home is via a tarmac village road, up a short concrete driveway and to the pleasant covered entry terrace. The main entry door leads to the open plan lounge and dining area. An energy-efficient closed wood-burner has been inserted into the original fireplace. The fully-equipped kitchen is off to the left of the dining area and has plenty of cabinet and worktop space. A large double bedroom and a shower room are also located on the ground floor. The bedroom has its own private terrace facing the gardens.
A staircase leads to the first floor. French doors from the landing open to a broad sea-facing covered terrace with fantastic views to the sea, the village, and the surrounding countryside and olive groves. There are three double bedrooms on the first floor. The master bedroom has an ensuite shower room and access to a private terrace. There is also a family bathroom on this level; the clothes washer has been conveniently placed here.
An external staircase leads from the front of the home down to the lower level terrace with a large storeroom and a large (28 sqm) guest studio with its own shower room. The spacious pool terrace with its BBQ and sunbathing areas as well as the large front garden are situated below this level.
Additional features of this fine home include:
- Situated in a small quiet village yet just a short drive to nearby shops as well as Rethymnon
- Full central heating
- Air conditioners fitted in the lounge and the master bedroom
- Large wardrobes in all five bedrooms
- All white goods are included in the selling price
- Aluminium doors and windows with fly screens and security shutters
- Plenty of outdoor space and terraces to enjoy Crete's fine climate
- Covered parking area
- All-weather blinds have been conveniently fitted on the entry terrace and the broad first-floor terrace
- Several mature fruit trees including lemon, apricot, and fig plus olive trees
- Large front garden area which can either be left “as is” or used for a very productive garden or fruit orchard
- An extra building allowance of 68 sqm is available … and plenty of space in the front garden to use it if desired!
The selling price is exclusive of property transfer tax, legal expenses and agency fees.
For sale in Plaka: Truly luxurious three-bedroom villa with private pool and absolutely amazing views!
For sale in Mathes: Beautiful two-bedroom villa with pool and fantastic sea views!
Price: 229,000 €
For sale in Gavalochori: Excellent two-bedroom villa with private pool
Price: 225,000 €