Price325,000 € / 275,000 €
PoolYes - private pool
Spacious contemporary villa with spectacular views and private pool in a peaceful and quiet rural location in central Crete south of Rethymnon. This home was designed for outdoor living and enjoyment, a solar heated swimming pool for virtually year-round swimming, and to take advantage of the spectacular and forever unobstructed views.
If you are looking for somewhere comfortable in a very peaceful environment, where your closest neighbours are sheep and birds, there is nowhere else like this. It is rare, if not impossible, to find a house with this amount of privacy on Crete, as most houses and villas are built in groups or villages.
All of the rooms in this fabulous home have huge sliding "patio" windows. The design concept of the house is to bring the inside and outside spaces together, using neutral tiles, large rooms, and huge windows that slide open fully. The 45 square meter living room has a high vaulted ceiling.
Hand built bespoke cupboards for plenty of storage space. The same craftsman has made the fitted wardrobes and cupboards for the dressing room, giving excellent storage and simplicity.
Large 8500 sqm plot with stone terraces around the house, sloping with natural vegetation.
Situated at about 600 m above sea level, the air is a little cooler and much less humid than along the coast. Views are far reaching to the Mediterranean sea. The night sky is amazing with little or no light pollution.
Situated near the top of a hill between the villages of Myriokefala and Maroulou, the villa is very private but with shops and restaurants nearby. Owing to its location between the north and south coasts of Crete, nothing is very far away. The home is 1 km from the traditional village of Myriokefala with several kafenions and tavernas and just 10 minutes from the village of Argyroupolis with all its fine amenities plus its famous natural springs and waterfalls. The long sandy beaches east of Georgiopolis are just 15 km away, the city of Rethymnon with its well-preserved Venetian quarter is just a 30 minute drive and the south coast with many delightfully unspoiled beaches is just 20 km away.
The home also features:
- Large 4 x 9 m swimming pool with solar heater – swim all year round!
- BBQ area/outdoor kitchen with pergola
- Fully automatic sunshades
- Enclosed energy-efficient wood-burning fireplace
- Air-conditioning in all rooms
- Lighting fixtures hand-made locally from recycled glass
- High speed Tooway satellite internet with unlimited connection
- Workshop with back-up generator
- Backup water tank 1000 liter capacity
- Oil-fired under-floor heating for extra comfort and efficiency
- Large basement storage area including clothes washer and dryer
- Fully tiled roof terrace with water tap and power point
- Extensive stone terracing
- Electric entrance gates
- Automatic garden irrigation system
- Solar water heater
- Additional building density of approximately 200 sqm
Dimensions (please also see the floor plan in the photo gallery)
- House 116 sq m
- Basement 31 sqm
- Roof terrace 20 sqm
- Car port with tiled roof 9 x 5 m
- Master bedroom 5 x 4 m
- Master bedroom en suite shower room (plumbing for bath) 3.2 x 2 m
- Master bedroom en suite dressing room 2.5 x 2 m
- Open plan living/dining room 9 x 5 m
- Guest bedroom 3.7 x 3 m
- Guest en suite shower room 2 x 1.6m
Included in the selling price are all kitchen appliances and white goods, clothes washer and dryer, satelite dish, free-to-air box and Tooway satellite internet systems, generator, all pool and garden furniture and equipment, and most of the furniture. Basically the home is ready to move into and enjoy!
The selling price is exclusive of property transfer tax, legal expenses and agency fees.
For sale in Kefalas: Very spacious three-bedroom villa with hot tub
Price: 199,000 €